Celtic travel to Tynecastle on Sunday to face Hearts in the latest Scottish Premiership title race instalment.

There are 10 games in the campaign as the battle for the league flag continues in earnest. It's the fourth in the TCW archive series where Tony Haggerty raids the vaults. He's come up with a capital cracker from 2006. Brendan Rodgers' men left it late at Fir Park last Sunday before seeing off Motherwell. It was a case of deja vu for Gordon Strachan's side 18 years ago in Edinburgh.

Let's rewind to New Year's Day in 2006, shall we, as Strachan's men rally to the cause after enduring a dreadful start against the Jambos. In a scintillating encounter at Tynecastle a late double by Celtic defender Stephen McManus stretched Strachan's side lead in the SPL to seven points as they stormed back from 2-0 to defeat 10-man Hearts.

The hosts got off to a flyer in this one when Lithuanian striker Edgaras Jankauskas bundled home a cross from Paul Hartley inside six minutes for the opening goal. Things went from bad to worse for the visitors when Hearts skipper Steven Pressley headed a second from close range to make it 2-0 after eight minutes following Rudi Skacel's inswinging corner.

READ MORE: Celtic have the minerals for this race: Can this continue?

Celtic then suffered a hammer blow when Bulgarian Stiliyan Petrov limped off the field sporting a hamstring injury just after the break with Stephen Pearson taking over in midfield. The substitution proved to be the turning point of the match as the ex-Motherwell man made an immediate impact on the proceedings when he shunted the ball out wide to Shaun Maloney before side-footing home the resulting cross from six yards to reduce the arrears on 55 minutes.

Hearts then had a lucky escape when Shunsuke Nakamura's shot was spilt by goalkeeper Craig Gordon and Pearson's follow-up struck the post and Maloney bundled the rebound home but the effort was ruled out for offside.

The pressure was starting to mount on Hearts and it became even more intense when the home side had to play out the final 14 minutes with 10-man after Greek international Takis Fyssas saw red for a scything challenge on Maloney at the edge of the box. Hearts were hanging on grimly and Celtic's pressure finally paid off when they snatched all three points from the hosts' grasp.

With three minutes left on the clock, Nakamura whipped in a wicked delivery from a set-piece free kick on the right and McManus rose to power home a header to make it 2-2. The same player then broke the men in Maroon's hearts when he drilled home an unlikely winner in stoppage time as he hooked the ball past Gordon after another Nakamura free-kick from the right had caused consternation in the home defence.

Celtic stretched their lead to seven points at the top of the SPL as Strachan hailed another never-say-die win in the club's history. Strachan said: "It just makes us feel a bit better about ourselves.

"Give credit to Hearts. They bombarded us at the start and showed great power and lots of skill. We had a problem and to come back from that was excellent. It was a classic. The game had everything and to come from two goals behind to win is a good feeling."

Pearson was voted the Man of the Match and it's arguably the game that he will be best remembered for by the faithful in his Celtic career.

Scottish Premier League January 1, 2006 Hearts...2 (Jankauskas 6, Pressley 8) Celtic...3 (Pearson 55, McManus 87, 90) Att: 17,358 Teams: Hearts: Gordon, Neilson, Pressley, Webster, Fyssas, Cesnauskis (Wallace 77), Hartley, Brellier, Skacel, Elliot, Jankauskas (Pospisil 88).

Subs Not Used: Banks, MacFarlane, McAllister, Simmons, Berra.

Celtic: Boruc, Telfer, Balde, McManus, Wallace, Petrov (Pearson 50), Lennon, Nakamura, Thompson (McGeady 62), Hartson, Maloney.

Subs Not Used: Marshall, Lawson, Virgo, Du, Camara.